Displaying dependencies helps prevent the failure of copying operations caused by missing dependent records in the target database.
SAP Business One displays the following icons to represent various types of dependencies:
|Dependencies exist deeper in the structure of this category|
|There are categories deeper in the structure on which other categories are dependent|
|This category is dependent upon other categories|
|Other categories are dependent upon this category|
Caution: If required, you can copy data records without taking dependencies into account. However, this may result in failure to copy the dependent records.
Use the following procedure to display any dependencies of a category selected in the structure:
1) Select a checkbox in the Data Categories section of the SAP Business One Copy Express window. If the selected category is dependent upon any unselected ones, the icon Display Dependencies appears next to the checkbox.
2) Highlight the category and click Display Dependencies to display these dependencies.
A message is displayed in the status bar:
X dependencies were found
- To hide dependencies, click Hide Dependencies .
- To display dependencies for a different category, select it and click Display Dependencies .
The dependencies belonging to the previous category are replaced by the new ones.
3) Continue checking other categories, as needed.
Display All Dependencies
Enabling the Display All Dependencies tool lets you see all dependencies whenever you select a category.
- In the menu bar, choose: View > Display All Dependencies.
- To disable the tool, choose Display All Dependencies again.
Note: The option Display Dependencies (in the View menu) is disabled for categories that are not dependent on any other category, and for all higher-level categories.