Version 9.0 | Release date: October 2012Contact us to upgrade to 9.0
Main feature updates and enhancements include:
Enhancements in Master Data Cleanup Wizard
The Master Data Cleanup Wizard was enhanced to support data privacy protection for both business partners and employees. SAP Business One 9.0 enables you to do the following:
- Delete private content of business partners, business partner contacts, and employee master data upon the users’ choice. For example, you can choose whether to delete name, phone numbers, addresses, and so on.
- Deactivate business partners – the selected business partners are set to Inactive status, and creating sales or purchasing documents for them is not possible. You can reverse this status at any time.
- Deactivate employees – the selected employees cannot be linked to any documents created in SAP Business One. You can manually set an employee back to Active Employee at any time.
- Remove business partner master data and employee master data records.
Advanced G/L Account Determination
SAP Business One 9.0 provides a flexible and centralized system to manage inventory G/L account determination. With the advanced G/L determination rules, you can assign inventory G/L accounts by:
- Item groups
- Items, warehouses
- Business partner groups
- Federal tax IDs
- Ship-to countries
- Ship-to states
- Various combinations of all the above criteria.
SAP Business One 9.0 allows you to manage fixed assets using a fully integrated solution.
In addition to the functions provided by the Fixed Asset Solution in SAP Business One 8.82 , the fixed assets functionality implemented in SAP Business One 9.0 enables you to do the following:
- Plan the depreciation of your fixed assets using a new depreciation method “Straight Line Period Control”
- Calculate the depreciation of fixed assets with the monthly base
- Manage fixed assets-related information in item master data
- Purchase and sell your fixed assets using the following types of marketing documents:
- A/P invoice
- A/P credit memo
- A/P correction invoice2
- A/P correction invoice reversal2 o A/P reserve invoice
- A/R invoice
- A/R reserve invoice
- Create payments with cash discount for purchased fixed assets. SAP Business One credits the discounted part from the fixed assets by automatically creating a capitalization credit memo.
- Change the asset class of a fixed asset by creating a transfer document
- Appreciate a fixed asset by creating a manual depreciation document
- Apply more than one set of accounts to each fixed asset, so that the asset value and transactions can be posted to more than one accounting area at the same time
- Perform fixed asset revaluation
- Apply multi-dimensions to fixed assets in cost accounting
- View the statuses and detailed transactions of your fixed assets in the following two new reports:
- Asset Status Report
- Asset Transaction Report
- Import fixed assets from Microsoft Excel files
- In order for you to better manage your fixed assets, SAP Business One 9.0 has also enhanced some functionality from the add-on, such as the use of the “Declining Balance”, “Special Depreciation”, and “Multilevel” depreciation methods, depreciation forecast, depreciation run, asset history sheet, and so on.
- If you have been using the Fixed Asset Solution in SAP Business One 8.82, you can now migrate the fixed asset data to SAP Business One 9.0 using the fixed asset data migration wizard.
Cancellation of Sales and Purchasing Documents
In SAP Business One 9.0, you can cancel most sales and purchasing documents that normally trigger postings. Upon cancelling such a document, a corresponding cancellation document is created to reverse the associated accounting, tax, and inventory changes. The base documents belonging to the canceled documents are reopened with balances due restored. You can now copy these base documents to new documents.
Adjusting Total Freight in Goods Receipt POs Based on A/P Reserve Invoices
SAP Business One 9.0 supports adjustment of freight amounts when creating a goods receipt PO based on A/P reserve invoices. The prerequisite for adjustment is that each freight row has not exceeded the unallocated freight charge. Discrepancies as a result of the adjustment are posted to the price difference account.
Adjusting Item Cost in Non- Based A/R Return and A/R Credit Memo
This enhancement applies only to items managed by Moving Average Price or FIFO methods.
The item cost in a non-based A/R return and an A/R credit memo is determined by item cost at the time of document creation. As of SAP Business One 9.0, the user can adjust the item cost in these documents.
With SAP Business One 9.0 you can initiate an internal purchase process. A user or an employee can create a purchase request document for items or services, and then copy it to a purchase quotation or purchase order. In case of multiple documents, you can use the Purchase Quotation Generation wizard that allows you to create purchase quotations in batches, based on items or purchase requests. In addition, the Purchase Request Report provides the buyer with an overview of the different purchase requests created in the company.
Landed Costs Based on A/P Invoice
SAP Business One 9.0 enables you to create Landed Costs documents based on an A/P invoice (in addition to the existing options of creating landed costs documents based on a goods receipt PO or other landed costs). This new option is mainly relevant in cases where the A/P invoice is not based on a goods receipt PO.
Payment, Check, and Deposit Cancellation Improvements
With SAP Business One 9.0, you are able to do the following:
- Cancel incoming payments with deposited checks
- Cancel deposits partially
- Cancel deposited checks
- Cancel non-deposited checks with automatic journal entries
SAP Business One 9.0 allows you to manage bin locations for your warehouses. You can enable the bin location function for individual warehouses.
Bin Location Related Documents
After you enable the bin location function for intended warehouses, you need to record bin locations in those warehouses for all receipts and issues of inventory, including the processing of the following documents or transactions:
- Goods receipt PO, goods return, A/P invoice, A/P credit memo, A/P debit memo (Mexico), A/P correction invoice6 , A/P correction invoice reversal6 , delivery, return, A/R invoice, A/R invoice + payment, A/R credit memo, A/R correction invoice6 , A/R correction invoice reversal6
- Goods receipt, goods issue, inventory transfer, inventory counting
- Receipt from production, issue for production
- Pick and Pack
During the receipt, issue, and transfer of goods, SAP Business One 9.0 lets you automate the process of allocating goods from and to bin locations. You also can perform the allocation manually.
Inventory in Bin Locations
To better manage the inventory in your bin locations, SAP Business One 9.0 enables you to do the following:
- View the information of stored items, such as the item quantity, and number of items
- Restrict the storage of your bin locations, for example, to a particular batch, item, or item group
- Restrict the use of your bin locations, for example, to receiving or issuing goods only
- Replenish the inventory in your bin locations when the inventory level falls below a defined minimum
Bin Location Management
To facilitate the management of bin locations, SAP Business One 9.0 supports the generation, update, and deletion of bin locations in batches.
Serials and Batches
SAP Business One 9.0 lets you maintain serials and batches in your bin locations. When you issue serials and batches from bin locations, you can decide whether you want to pick the items according to their bin locations or their serial and batch information.
In addition, you can now view the bin location information in the reports of serial and batch transactions.
Receiving Bin Locations
SAP Business One 9.0 allows you to designate certain bin locations as receiving bin locations. When you receive goods, these goods can first be automatically placed in receiving bin locations.
You can get an overview of all bin locations and check the inventory statuses and movements in bin locations using the following reports:
- Bin Location List
- Bin Location Content List
- Inventory Posting List
Multiple Unit of Measurement (UoM)
SAP Business One 9.0 provides a high degree of flexibility to your management of products in multiple units of measurement (UoM). The multiple UoM feature enables you to sell, purchase, receive and ship products in any UoM that your business needs, and to define default UoM’s for various types of transactions. All sales, purchasing and inventory documents support items with multi-UoM definitions.
The highlights of this new feature are as follows:
- Unlimited global and product-specific UoM’s
- Setup of UoM groups with conversion rules between base UoM’s and alternative UoM’s within the groups
- These UoM groups are used in item master data, marketing documents, and inventory documents.
- Default sales UoM’s, purchasing UoM’s, inventory UoM’s, and automatic conversion to other applicable UoM’s in transaction processing
- Related enhancement of packaging, bar code and pricing functions:
- Package settings for multiple UoM’s are incorporated into item master data and are used in sales documents to recommend the number of packages
- For an item using multiple UoM’s, you can define multiple bar codes and different prices for each of its UoM’s
Note that production transactions are processed in a single inventory UoM.
Price List and Discount Enhancements
In SAP Business One 9.0, the price list and the discount groups functionality has been enhanced to improve efficiency and to support specific business processes.
Using the enhanced price list function you can now do the following:
- Assign a price list to a business partner group
- Define prices in multiple currencies for a specific price list or for a special prices list
- Define prices and special prices for different units of measurement, of a specific item
- Define price lists as active or inactive
To reduce the database size and impact on performance, you can now decide whether to remove un priced items from the database.
Using the enhanced discount groups function you can now do the following:
- Define discount groups for all business partners, customer groups or vendor groups
- Define discounts for specific items
- Define variable discounts based on the purchased quantity
- Define discount groups as active or inactive
- Define discountable control for business partner and item
- Allocate multiple discounts
You can get an overview of all prices and discounts using the following reports:
- Price report
- Discount report
These reports are also available from within marketing documents, enabling you to track the source price and discount of each item during document creation.
Serial and Batch Items in Drop Ship Warehouses
SAP Business One 9.0 lets you manage serial and batch items in drop ship warehouses. After you enable the serial and batch management for your drop ship warehouses, you can do the following:
- Allocate serial and batch items in drop ship warehouses to newly created documents. The documents include the following:
- Sales order, delivery, return, A/R invoice, A/R invoice + payment, A/R credit memo, A/R Debit Memo, A/R reserve invoice
- Goods receipt PO, goods return, A/P invoice, A/P credit memo, A/P debit memo
- Maintain the serial and batch information for items in drop ship warehouses using Serial Number Management and Batch Management.
- View the transactions of the serial and batch items in drop ship warehouses using Serial Number Transactions Report and Batch Number Transactions Report.
In addition, if your serial items in drop ship warehouses are delivered, SAP Business One can create customer equipment cards automatically for these items in the same way as for the items in non-drop ship warehouses.
SAP Business One 9.0 provides new capabilities for running a complete inventory counting process. It starts with cycle counting alerts and continues with well-structured tasks and innovative reporting.
Major enhancements include the following:
- Providing documents to record and manage inventory counting and inventory posting
- Freezing items during inventory counting
- Recording counting results and variance by two different inventory counters
- Improving the cycle count function to enable continuation of counting process from cycle count alerts and recommendations
- Counting the exact serial numbers and batches
- Supporting inventory counting for bin locations
- Providing inventory-counting reports to consolidate and analyze existing inventory counting and inventory posting documents
- Providing an Inventory Counting Recommendation dashboard report
- Providing documents to record and manage inventory opening balances
- Counting by unit of measurement
SAP Business One Studio
SAP Business One Studio and SAP Business One Studio for Microsoft Visual Studio are newly integrated development environments for SAP Business One partners, consultants and customer IT. They allow efficient development of the SAP Business One SDK, and other extensibility features such as user-defined objects (UDO), SAP Business One customization, and so on.
- SAP Business One Studio is an out-of-the-box solution (included in SAP Business One), where you can design the layout of your add-on. It is an upgraded version of Screen Painter and an open platform for other designers, such as Workflow Designer and the future EFM Designer.
- SAP Business One Studio for Microsoft Visual Studio is tightly integrated with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010. Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 shares the same project file format with SAP Business One Studio. Partners can develop add-ons with full capability such as UI design, code generate, debug, build, and deployment. (SAP Business One 9.0 supports C# only.)
SAP Business One Workflow
SAP Business One Workflow enables you to define, deploy, and execute new business processes. It includes the following functionality:
- Workflow Designer (in SAP Business One Studio) – an integrated development environment (IDE) with visualization controls to help end users to create processes, and to generate XML for later import to SAP Business One.
- Workflow Engine – a new service “workflow” in the server tool (Service Manager) to control the process.
- Workflow in SAP Business One – to enable end users to operate workflow in the following features:
- Workflow Manager: manages the workflow process template and imports XML generated in the workflow designer
- Workflow Instance: starts the process based on the workflow template and visualizes the process to inform end users of the process status
- Workflow Worklist: finds and picks up the task
- Task Detail: processes a task
- Workflow Monitor: checks the status of all process instances
Contact us to upgrade to 9.0