Quick Copy allows you to copy company configuration information from one company to another and save configuration information in an XML file.
Note: To copy data using Quick Copy, you must have the required authorizations.
You can use Quick Copy to:
- Open company configurations from XML files
- Save company configurations to XML files
- Copy configuration data from test environments to live environments
- Copy a complete company configuration from one company to another
- Copy partial configurations between companies
- View logs of previous copy processes
Quick Copy creates two types of file:
- Project files (XML format) – Contain information about the selections made by the user. For example, configuration information and references to the data records that you want to copy to a target. Project files do not contain the record data itself. Project files always belong to a certain database or configuration file, and you can only open a project file if you have access to the associated database or configuration file. As the process of selecting data records can take some time, saving your selections in a project file allows you to continue with Quick Copy at a later time.
- Quick copy data files (XML format) – Contain configuration information, references, and the complete data that you want to copy to the target. For example, if you were copying records from a source database to a target database at a remote location, this is the file you would take with you.