Use this window to copy data to or from files. Depending on your selection, you can use this window to do either of the following:
- Copy data from the company database of the SAP Business One company to which you are currently logged on to a quick copy data file. In this scenario, the company database that you are currently using is the source, and the quick copy data file is the target.
- Copy data from an existing quick copy data file to the company database of the SAP Business One company to which you are currently logged on. In this scenario, the quick copy data file is the source, and the company database you are currently using is the target.
To open this window, do the following:
1) From the SAP Business One Main Menu, choose: Administration > System Initialization > Implementation Center > Implementation Tasks.
2) In the Implementation Tasks window, click Copy Data Between Companies. The Quick Copy window appears.
Displays the source company database or file from which you copy records.
Displays the target company database or file to which you copy records.
Displays a list of categories in the source company database or file from which you can select data records to copy to the target company database or file. For more information, see Data Categories and Data Area.
Source or Target
Copy to File
Specifies whether to copy records to a file.
Copy from File
Specifies whether to copy records from a file.
Add New Records and Update Existing Records
Adds new records and updates records with matching keys
Add New Records Without Updating Existing Records
Does not update records with matching keys but adds new records
Update Existing Records Without Adding New Records
Updates records with matching keys without adding new records
Delete All Records Then Add New Records
Erases all existing records in the target database and adds new records
Terminate Copy Process When One or More Errors Occur
If Quick Copy encounters an error while copying the records, the application stops the copy process.
Ignore All Errors and Copy Valid Records
If Quick Copy encounters an error while copying a record, the application skips the affected record and continues copying any remaining records.
Terminate Copy Process When Number of Errors Exceeds
If Quick Copy encounters an error while copying a record, but the total number of errors is less than the specified amount, the application skips the affected record and continues copying any remaining records. When the total number of errors encountered by Quick Copy is equal to the specified amount, the application stops the copy process.
If Target Records Are Missing UDFs
From the dropdown list, select the response of the application when copying records with user-defined fields that do not exist in the target. If you select the Copy Records and Ignore Missing UDFs option, the application copies records even when user-defined fields in the source company are missing from the target company.
For example, the BP table in the source company contains a user-defined field, whose definition has not been copied to the target company. If this field is not selected, when you try to copy BP records to the target company, the copy operation fails.
When Copying Objects with Accounts
The response of the application when copying objects with assigned accounts. The options are:
- Use Accounts in Source – If the source accounts also exist in the target, then the application copies the account assignments from the object in the source to the object in the target. However, if the source accounts do not exist in the target, then the application encounters an error during the copy process.
- Use Default Accounts in Target – The application assigns the default accounts in the target to the object, and does not copy the source assignments.
Note: If default accounts are not configured in the target company, and you select this option, then the account fields of the object in the target are empty after the copy process.
Caution: Account fields are mandatory for Credit Card objects. If default accounts are not configured in the target company, then the application encounters an error when copying Credit Card objects.
When Copying Empty Fields
The response of the application when copying fields that are empty. The options are:
- Do Not Overwrite Target Fields and Keep Original Values – If a field in the source is empty, then the application skips copying this field. The application keeps the original value of the corresponding field in the target, which remains the same before and after the copy process.
- Overwrite Target Fields with Empty Values – If a field in the source is empty, then the application removes the value from the corresponding value in the target.
Force Backup Before Starting Copy Process
If you select this checkbox, you cannot perform the copy process without first manually backing up the company database.
Note: When coping data to files, this checkbox is selected by default.