Inventory GL Accounts can be managed by “Item Groups” each group can have it own unique GL Account Classifications. These are instructions on how to set up “Item Groups”
SAP > Inventory > Inventory Master Data
When creating a New Inventory Item, you can assign the Inventory Item to its own Group, which also has its own default GL Account settings.
To Set Up Item Groups:
SAP > Administration > Set Up > Inventory > Item Groups
1. Create your “Item Group Name”
2. Choose the “Accounting Tab”
3. Click inside the field and click on the circle on the right side of the field
4. Choose the correct GL Account
5. Continue this until all GL Accounts are entered
6. Choose Update to Complete
Continue these steps until all Item Groups are set up
Go Back to: Inventory > Item Master Data > and choose the Correct Item Groups for each Inventory Item.