If the customer does not have a service contract with your company, or if replacement parts, travel, or other costs are not covered by a warranty or service contract, you need to record the expenses for a service call. These expenses are used to create an invoice.
1) From the SAP Business One Main Menu, choose: Service > Service Call. The Service Call window opens.
2) In the general area, search for a specific service call by specifying the customer code, the item number, or the serial number of the item.
3) Select the Expenses tab.
4) To add new expenses or to view additional details regarding the expenses related to the service call, choose the Expenses Details button. The Service Call Expenses window opens.
5) You can view the two types of items that have been defined for expenses.
- In the Items table you can view all the items defined as Item type in the documents related to the service call (Inventory > Item Master Data > the Type field).
- In the Labor and Travel table you can view all the items defined as Labor or Travel in the documents related to the service call (Inventory > Item Master Data window > the Type field).
6) To record additional expenses related to the service call, choose the New Document button. The Document Type window opens. Choose the document you want to add on the Expenses tab in the service call, and choose the OK button. After you add the corresponding document, a new row including the document details is added to the Service Call Expenses window.
7) To save the changes, choose Update.