You can create a percentage-based posting template for journal entries requiring a format that:
- Includes the same accounts and/or business partners
- Is characterized by a specific ratio of amounts
1) From the SAP Business One Main Menu, choose: Financials > Posting Templates.
2) The Posting Templates window appears.
3) Specify a unique code and description for the template.
4) In the table area, specify the G/L accounts and/or business partners for inclusion in the template.
Note: The default control accounts for the business partners included in the posting template can be changed; therefore, journal entries based on this template are posted to the selected control accounts.
5) For each G/L account/business partner, specify the ratio that reflects the debit or credit amount in the transaction.
Note: The total percentage in the debit and credit sides must be equal, though it need not be 100%.
6) Choose Add.
The posting template is saved in the database and can be updated.