As of SAP Business One 8.8, you can create trial companies for different purposes without needing to install a license file. The trial company is available for use on 31 consecutive days only. You may want to create a trial company if one of the following situations applies:
- The customer is not yet working with the productive system, or has just begun working in SAP Business One, and would like to gain experience and learn about the business processes implemented in SAP Business One.
- The customer must start working with the productive system but for some reason the license file is not yet available for installation. In this case, the customer can start working in a trial company. Once the license file is in place, the trial company can become a regular company without being affected by the 31 days expiration period. The license file must be generated and installed within 31 days of the creation of the trial company.
- Productive use is not yet allowed because no End User License Agreement (EULA) has been signed. However, customers can prepare for go-live with an unlicensed trial company.
Creating a Trial SAP Business One Company
1) Activate the SAP Business One application. In the SAP Business One logon window, choose the Change Company button.
2) In the Choose Company window, choose the New button.
3) In the Site User window, enter the site password and choose the OK button.
4) In the Create New Company window, select the Trial Version checkbox. Note: If the license file is not yet installed, the Trial Version checkbox is automatically selected and cannot be deselected.
5) Specify the company name and database name.
CAUTION! Before setting values in the License and Local Settings fields, note the following:
- If the license file is not installed yet, the License field is empty and disabled, and in the Local Settings field you can select any of the localizations supported by SAP Business One.
- If the license file to be installed is country-specific, and the trial company has a different localization than that of the license file, the user cannot access the trial company once the trial period expires.
- If the license file to be installed is country-specific, and the trial company has the same localization as that of the license file, the trial company can become a regular company once the license file is installed.
- If the license file to be installed is a global license, once it is installed, the trial company (regardless of its localization) can become a regular company.
If the license file is installed, the license information indicating the country is displayed in the License field:
- If the license is country-specific that country is displayed in the Local Settings field and determines the localization of the trial company (you cannot change it).
- If the license is global, you can select any of the localizations supported by SAP Business One in the Local Settings field.
- If more than one license file is installed on the same license server, select the required license in the License field. Once you select the required license, the behavior is the same as described above.
6) Set the required values in the License and Local Settings fields, select a chart of accounts and a base language, and specify a posting period. Note
If you have not imported the license file yet, the License field displays the following value: Trial Version.
7) Choose the OK button.