For the purpose of reinforcing standard procedures in your company or for other reasons, you may want to establish a new cockpit and share it with other employees in your company. SAP Business One lets you create cockpit templates at runtime.
After you create a cockpit template, you can choose to do one of the following:
- Publish the cockpit template to the company.
- Not publish the cockpit template and keep it for your own use.
Before you begin:
To create a new cockpit template, you must have obtained the correct user authorization.
1) To create a new cockpit template tailored to your business needs, do one of the following:
- From the SAP Business One menu bar, choose Tools Cockpit Cockpit Management .
- From the SAP Business One toolbar, choose Cockpit Management (Cockpit Management) .
The Cockpit Management – Setup window appears.
2) In the Cockpit Management – Setup window, specify the following fields for the new cockpit:
3) To confirm the information you enter, choose the OK button.
The new cockpit appears in the SAP Business One navigation panel, below My Cockpit, at the bottom of the cockpit list.
4) To modify the information of a user-created cockpit, specify the fields you need to update, and choose the OK button. You can update the following fields:
Note: You cannot modify the information for SAP predefined cockpits.
Note: You need to publish a new cockpit as a template if you want the users in your company to see and use it.