The following procedure explains how to confirm a match between the numbers on printed checks and the numbers assigned to these checks by SAP Business One.
You have setup/defined the following:
- The required parameters in: Administration > System Initialization > Print Preferences > Per Document > tab with Checks for Payment as the document type
- The print-related parameters for each house bank account in: Administration > Setup > Banking > House Bank Accounts
1) Choose: Banking > Check Number Confirmation.
The Check Number Confirmation – Selection Criteria window appears.
2) Enter the details of the bank account from which the checks are issued. You can also define a relevant posting date range and internal number range.
3) Choose OK.
The Check Number Confirmation window appears. It displays checks that meet the defined selection criteria. By default, SAP Business One assigns the status Confirmed to all checks in this window.
This window displays only checks that were printed but not confirmed at the time of printing.
4) Examine the printed checks and verify that their numbers match the numbers assigned to them by SAP Business One.
5) If required, change the status of the checks in the Check Number Confirmation window:
- If you do not want to confirm or void a check, select Unconfirmed.
- If you want to void the check, select Void.
6) To assign the statuses you have selected to the checks in this window, choose Update.
The results depend on the status assigned to the check:
These checks are marked as printed and confirmed. They are not displayed in this window again. If you try to reprint a confirmed check, SAP Business One notifies you that the check has been printed before.
These checks are marked as printed but not as confirmed. They reappear in the Check Number Confirmation window until you confirm or void them. If you try to reprint an unconfirmed check, SAP Business One notifies you that the check has been printed before but that the number has not been confirmed.
These checks are marked as printed and voided. They do not reappear in the Check Number Confirmation window. If you try to reprint a voided check, SAP Business One instructs you to ensure that the printer is loaded with the correct paper.