Whenever a journal entry is posted to a business partner, it is also automatically posted to a control account defined for the business partner. This enables SAP Business One to reflect in the accounting system and the financial reports all business activities carried on with business partners.
The control account to which a journal entry is posted is defaulted, but can be changed. To achieve more detailed reports, you can change the control account.
These instructions assume that: You have defined all accounts you want used as control accounts for a specific business partner (see Business Partners Business Partner Master Data Accounting General Control Accounts Control Accounts – Accounts Payable/Receivable ).
1) From the SAP Business One Main Menu, choose: Financials > Journal Entry. The Journal Entry window appears.
2) Open the Journal Entry – Form Settings window.
3) On the Table Format tab, select the options Visible and Active for the Control Acct column, and choose OK. The Control Acct column appears in the table area of the Journal Entry window.
4) Create the journal entry. Notice that once you choose a G/L account or business partner code, the defaulted control account is recorded in the Control Acct column. Move to the Control Acct column in the business partner row and delete the control account you want to replace.
5) To view the available control accounts, press TAB and choose the required account.
Note: It is not possible to change the control account in the G/L account row.
6) Choose Add.
The system posts the journal entry to the selected control account.