SAP Business One is based on a named user licensing model, in which each license is granted to a specific user name. A named user is an employee of a customer, a subsidiary, or a third party business, who is authorized to access, directly or indirectly, the licensed SAP Business One software.
- Employees may not share a single user name to log on to SAP Business One.
- Assigned licenses to a named user are not specific to a company database.
- Using the same user name, a named user can log on to SAP Business One twice, for example, to access a second company.
- Depending on the type of user license granted, users may either have full control of a window (form), or open a window (form) in read-only mode, or have no access at all.
- Access to windows within SAP Business One is also determined by authorizations.
SAP Business One has the following license user types:
- Professional User – has full access to the sales, financials, administration, and business partner functionality, including indirect access (see definition below).
- Limited CRM User – has access rights to the SAP Business One sales, sales opportunities, and service modules and functionality including related reports, and can search company knowledge bases. This license also includes indirect access.
- Limited Financials User – has access to accounting, payments, and other financial and banking functionality, including generation of the related reports. This user cannot create or print sales invoices. The license also includes indirect access.
- Limited Logistics User – has access to sales, purchasing, inventory, production, and warehouse functionality, including generation of the related reports. This license also includes indirect access.
- Indirect Access – has access to any SSP solutions (developed with the SAP Business One DI-API) only. The Indirect Access license is bundled with the DI server. Users who have an Indirect Access license can access a limited number of application forms, but cannot perform any functions with the SAP Business One application. Users who have an Indirect Access license can access an unlimited number of SSP solutions.
- SAP Business One Starter Package User – is tailored to the needs of small companies. A maximum of 5 users is allowed for this license type, and these cannot be mixed with other user types in the contract. The user can access all SAP Business One functionality except for advanced functionality in Financial, Sales, Purchase, Inventory, Production, and Service. Additionally, this user cannot use approval procedures, Copy Express, and SAP Business One Integration for SAP NetWeaver (B1iSN). This license also includes indirect access. For more information, see SAP Business One Starter Package.