Step-by-Step Procedure for Customizing an Electronic Bank Reconciliation Statement
To set up Electronic Bank Statements (EBS)
Processing in SAP for most customers in North America.
1. Create House Bank and Account ID (FI12)
2. Setup EDI Partner Profile for FINSTA Message Type (WE20)
3. Configure Global Settings for EBS (IMG)
- Create Account Symbols
- Assign Accounts to Account Symbols
- Create Keys for Posting Rules
- Define Posting Rules
- Create Transaction Types
- Assign External Transaction Types to Posting Rules
- Assign Bank Accounts to Transaction Types
4. Define Search String for EBS(Optional)
- Search String Definition
- Search String Use
5. Define Program and Variant Selection
Additional information is also available in the SAP Library under:
Financial Accounting > Bank Accounting (FI-BL) > Electronic Bank Statement >
Electronic Account Statement Customizing.All the steps together will lead to (FF67) Bank reconciliation statement.
How to Create the Partner Profile
Configuration of EDI partner profile (WE20):
No need to configure EDI partner profile always. It depends on how you received the bank statement. We need EDI profile only when we receive bank statement in IDOC.
Required configuration settings in the same sequence in SPRO >> Financial Accounting >> Bank Accounting >> Business Transactions >> Payment Transactions >> Electronic Bank Statement >> Make global settings.
- You must know the Bank details (bank key and bank account number) from where you receive the statement files. Please assign a free defined ‘Internal transaction type’ and assign it to the bank details under ‘Assign bank accounts to transaction types’.
- Create posting rules for automatic posting and clearing.
- You have to configure “Assign External Transaction types to Posting Rules”. Here you need to assign the external transaction types received in the statement file. Assign Interpretation algorithm to search for open items to clear. In addition assign posting rules