Use this window to specify a budget according to a specific budget scenario.
To open the window, choose: Financials > Budget Setup > Budget. Set the required parameters in the Budget Scenario Definition window and choose OK.
Budget Scenarios – Setup (Scenario – XXX) Window
Display Accounts with no Budget
Displays G/L accounts for which no budget amount has been entered.
From the dropdown list, select an active dimension for which you want to define the budget.
Acct No., Acct Name
Account code and name as defined in the chart of accounts.
A percentage of this account will be the budget for the account in focus.
Percentage of the parent account amount.
Note: Since the amount in the parent account is not divided between the child accounts, the rate can exceed 100%.
Specify the required method according to which the budget is distributed over months:
- Equal – The budget amount is distributed equally among 12 months.
- Ascending Order – The budget is distributed in such a way that most of it is dedicated to the last months, and only a small part is used during the first months.
- Descending Series – The budget is distributed in such a way that most of it is dedicated to the first months of the year, and the amount assigned to each month decreases as the year progresses.
- Manual – Enables you to manually specify how the budget is distributed among the different months. You can, for example, decide that the budget is distributed among two months only.
- Define New – Opens the Budget Distribution Method window where you can define new budget distribution methods.
Budget amount in local currency. Budget calculation is always performed against the debit side.
Budget amount for incoming payment accounts, for reporting purposes only.
Actual amount in this account based on its journal entries.
Distr. Rule Code, Distr. Rule Name
Displays the code and name of the distribution rules to which the budget amount is distributed.
You can add cost centers by right-clicking the G/L account row and choosing Add Cost Center.
Distr. Rule Debit
Enter the budget amount, in local currency or system currency, that you want to distribute to each distribution rule. Budget calculation is always performed against the debit side.
Distr. Rule Credit
Enter the budget amount, in local currency or system currency, that you want to distribute to each distribution rule. This is the budget amount for incoming payment accounts, for reporting purposes only.
Distr. Rule Actual
Displays the actual amount, in local currency or system currency, accrued in this account as a result of the distribution rule.