On this tab, you define the additional general information for the item.
Do Not Apply Discount Groups
Defines whether the item is submitted for discount definitions.
If you select the checkbox, the discount groups defined for this item are considered in the item’s document line; otherwise, they are not.
- The discount in the document’s header is not affected by the selection in this field.
- When this checkbox is not selected you can still define discounts manually in the document’s rows and header.
- When you copy a document into a target document, the discounts from the base document are copied to the target document no matter what is defined in the Do Not Apply Discount Groups checkbox.
Enter a manufacturer if the item is a brand product. You can assign an item to only one manufacturer.
Enter additional information about the item.
Enter the means of transport and mode of transport to be used to perform the shipment.
Manage Item By
From the dropdown list, select one of the methods by which you receive and release items:
- None (default) – no special management for this item.
- Serial Numbers – the item is managed by serial numbers.
- Batches – the item is managed by batches. This type of management tracks items that have unique numbers and characteristics but have been combined in a single group, for example, pharmaceutical products.
This field is displayed only if the option to manage the item by serial numbers or batches was set in the previous field.
The default for new items is set according to the definition in System Initialization. However, the definition may be changed in the Item Master Data window.
Select one of the item management methods, which is relevant for serial numbers and batches only:
- On Every Transaction – you are forced to assign serial or batch numbers during every inventory transaction.
- On Release Only – you are forced to assign serial or batch numbers only on release; it is optional for other transactions.
Issue Primarily By
Note: The field is visible only if you have done the following:
- You have enabled bin locations for at least one warehouse.
- You have selected Serial Numbers or Batches in the Manage Item by field.
Specify whether you want to pick the serial or batch items for issuing according to their bin locations or their serial or batch information.
Defines the item as a phantom.
Note: A Phantom is an item type in BOM that has an engineering or structure function only. Phantom items do not represent a physical component or a subassembly, thus they are defined as non-inventory items.
Select one of the following issue methods:
- Backflush – after you report the completion of the parent item, the components are automatically issued to the production order.
- Manual – the components are manually issued to the production order, regardless of the issue of the product.
Note: You cannot use the backflush method for serial and batch-managed items.
Enter the range of dates to determine a validity period for the item.
Enter the range of dates to determine the period for which you freeze the item.
Enter the range of dates to determine:
- Active Range – A validity period for the item.
- Inactive Range – The period for which you freeze the item.
Advanced Rule Type
Indicates whether the advanced rule type assigned to an item is General, Warehouse, or Item Group. You can change the advanced rule type if required. For additional information about advanced rule type assignment, see the How To Setup and Work with Advanced G/L Account Determination guide in the documentation resource center.