The following table describes the fields that appear on the Budget tab of the General Settings window.
To access this tab, choose: Administration > System Initialization > General Settings > Budget.
Select to manage the budget in your company. Once this option is selected, the budget-related functions appear in the Financials module, and the following fields appear in the current window.
Note: Except for the field For Annual Budget/For Monthly Budget, all the settings below are updated per company, for all users.
- Block Deviation from Budget – Blocks the creation of transactions that cause the budget to be exceeded.
- Warning – Sends an alert when the budget is exceeded. You can confirm and add the transaction, or cancel.
- Without Warning – Adds, without any restriction or warning, transactions that exceed the budget.
Selecting either Block Deviation from Budget or Warning, displays the following fields in the window:
- For Annual Budget/For Monthly Budget – For the annual budget, this setting is updated per user. For the monthly budget, it is updated only after the next logon for all users in the company.
- Purchase Orders – A check is made against the budget during the issuing of purchase orders, including all open purchase orders and the current one.
- Goods Receipt POs – A check is made against the budget during the issuing of goods receipt POs, including all open goods receipt POs and the current one.
- Accounting – A check is conducted during the issuing of an A/P invoice or any other accounting transaction that involves a G/L account relevant to the budget.