You use queues to handle your service calls more efficiently. You can assign each service call to the relevant consultant, department, or sales employee who can best handle the service call. You can also specify a manager for the queue and include a list of members.
Note: Queues that are not linked to service calls can be deleted. To delete a queue, right-click the queue name and choose Remove. Alternatively, from the menu bar, choose Data Remove . You can deactivate a queue that has service calls. See the Inactive checkbox in the Queues – Setup window.
1) From the SAP Business One Main Menu, choose: Administration > Setup > Service > Queues.
The Queues – Setup window opens.
2) Specify the information for a queue.
For more information, see Queues – Setup Window.
3) To assign a person to a queue, open the Queue Members – Setup : XXX (Queue ID) window in one of the following ways:
- Double-click a selected row number in the table.
- Select a row and choose the Queue Members button.
- Right-click a row and choose Queue Members.
4) From the Member Name dropdown list, select the persons who handle service calls in this queue. The names in the list are all the users defined for the company database.
5) To save changes, choose Update.