You can classify your business partners by properties, which you define according to your business requirements. You assign the relevant properties when you process a master record for a business partner.
Note: The properties are not mandatory; a business partner can have none, one, or up to 64 properties.
You can use the properties to:
- Format reports and evaluations
- Sort data
- Select master records during processing
1) From the SAP Business One Main Menu, choose: Administration > Setup > Business Partners > Business Partner Properties.
The window lists the default entries (Default Property 1-64) and entries that you have previously defined.
2) Select the first available default entry, or an existing entry that you want to modify.
3) Enter a new property description, and choose Update.
4) After making all your entries, choose OK.
You can define the property fields as follows:Are
|Property 1-20||Area||East, West, Midwest and so on.|
|Property 20-30||Size||1 to 10 employees, 10 to 50 employees, 50 to 100 employees, and so on.|
|Property 30-40||Industry||Sanitation, Electrical appliances, Food, and so on.|
You can assign a customer or a vendor as follows:
You can define another customer or vendor as follows:
Note: When you define customers and vendors, remember that this table applies to customers, leads and vendors. If necessary, you can define one area of the table for customers and a separate area for vendors.
If a business partner’s properties are not sufficient to map the properties you need, you can also apply user-defined fields, which you can customize as required.