The following table describes the fields that appear in the Posting Periods window. To display this window choose: Administration > System Initializations > Posting Periods.
The period code as defined in the Posting Period window. To display further details of this posting period, click Link Arrow (Link Arrow).
The period name as defined in the Posting Period window.
The status of the period as assigned in the Posting Period window. Each status indicates which transactions and documents can be posted within the date range of each posting period:
- Unlocked – All types of transactions and documents
- Unlocked Except Sales – All types of transactions and documents, except for documents in the Sales – A/R module
- Period Closing – Users with period closing authorization can post all types of transactions and documents.
- Locked – Neither transactions nor documents can be posted.
- Archived – Neither transactions nor documents can be posted. This status was assigned automatically by the data archive wizard.
Posting Date From… To…
Posting date range defined for each period.
Due Date From… To…
Due date range defined for each period.
Automatic Change of Period Status to ‘Closing Period’
Automatically assigns the status Closing Period to periods that have already ended. When you log on to SAP Business One, the system date is compared with the Posting Date To defined for the existing posting periods. Each posting period with a Posting Date To that is earlier than the current system date gets the status Closing Period.
An authorized user can change the status of the existing posting periods.
Date When Automatic Change Is Applied
Appears only when the option Automatic Change of Period Status to ‘Closing Period’ is selected.
Specify the date in which the automatic change of status for already ended posting periods to “Closing Period” should apply. By default, the value in this field is 1.
Example: The value specified in this field is: 10. The posting period related to last year has ended on 31.12.0X, and the current system date is 2.1.0X+1. In this case, although the posting period of year 0X already ended, its status will not be changed until the 10.01.0X+1.
Opens the Posting Period window in which you can define new posting period.