Use this window to specify selection criteria for Profit and Loss Statement reports.
To open this window choose: Financials > Financial Reports > Financial > Profit and Loss Statement. Alternatively, open it from the Reports module.
After defining the report, you can view it in the Profit and Loss Statement window.
Profit and Loss Statement – Configuration Options
Date, From … To…
Click and choose the date according to which to generate the profit and loss statement.
Next, define the required date range, or choose in the From… To… fields to select the required period range.
Display in Report
Select any of the following options to display in the report:
- Accounts with Balance of Zero – Displays accounts with a balance of zero.
- Foreign Name – Displays only the foreign names defined for G/L accounts in: Financials > Chart of Accounts > Account Details > Foreign Name. Note: When this checkbox is selected, nothing is displayed for accounts lacking a foreign name.
- External Code – Displays external codes defined for G/L accounts in Financials Chart of Accounts External Code .
Annual Report, Quarterly Report, Monthly Report
- Annual Report to calculate the profit and loss statement for the entire year
- Quarterly Report to calculate the profit and loss statement separately for each quarter
- Monthly Report to calculate the profit and loss statement separately for each month
Select this option to display the report according to the posting periods included in the defined date range.
Choose a template for displaying the profit and loss statement. By default, the template chart of accounts is selected.
Click Drop-down Box (Drop-down Box) to select a different template.
Note: Different templates might show different results, due to the different G/L accounts assigned to them.
Display in First Column
Select whether to display figures in local currency or in system currency, in the first column of the report.
Display in Second Column
Select one of the following options to display in the report’s second column:
- System Currency – figures in system currency. Note: If you chose to display system currency in the first column, this option is disabled.
- Foreign Currency – figures in foreign currency.
- Balance for Comparison – once this option is selected, select one of the following radio buttons:
- Life to Date – to display the balance from beginning of company activity up to the date defined in the From field.
- Year to Date – to display the balance from day one of the selected posting period up to the date defined in the From field.
Note: The first day of the selected posting period is the one defined in Administration System Initialization General Settings Posting Periods . The date appears in the From field of the first sub period.
Add Journal Vouchers
Includes in the report Open transactions that are recorded in journal vouchers, but are not yet saved in the database.
Report excludes adjustment journal entries from its profit and loss statement calculation.
Opens the Find G/L Accounts window, in which you can choose the accounts to include in the profit and loss statement, according to segments.
Note: Appears only if the company maintains a chart of accounts based on segments.
Select this option and choose the required parameters to generate a revaluated report.
Opens the Expanded Selection Criteria window, where you can define additional parameters for the report.