By running this report, you make available a comparison of quotations received from vendors, letting you find the best offer for procurement. The report highlights the favorable parameters, such as the earliest quoted date or the lowest price. In addition, you can turn any purchase quotation into a purchase order directly from the report.
1) To begin the comparison, do one of the following:
- Choose: Purchasing > Purchase Quotation, open the relevant document, right-click, and choose Comparison Report.
- Choose: Inventory > Item Master Data, open the relevant item master data, right-click, and choose Comparison Report.
- Choose: Reports > Purchase Quotation Comparison Report. In the Purchase Confirmation Comparison report, specify the selection criteria and choose OK.
The Quotation Comparison window appears.
The report displays the price and quantity quoted by the vendor, as well as the promised delivery date.
The results are sorted according to the unit price (LC) in ascending order, and then according to the quoted date in ascending order within a group. The lowest unit price, the earliest quoted date and the closest quoted quantity to the required one are highlighted in red.
It is possible to change the sorting as required.
2) To accept one or several of the quotations and order the goods, select the relevant line items and choose Create Purchase Order.