Automatic creation of contracts is relevant for companies that service items according to item serial numbers. A contract is created automatically when a corresponding delivery or A/R invoice document is created for the item or items.
You have created a warranty template for items with serial number management.
1) From the SAP Business One Main Menu, choose: Inventory > Item Master Data > and select the General tab.
2) From the Item Type dropdown list, select an item type.
You can assign a warranty template for items managed by serial numbers.
You can add to a service call the hours that the technician worked at the customer site.
You can add to a service call the travel time required for the technician to get to the customer’s site and back to the office.
Note: An item defined as Labor or Travel can be defined only as a Sales Item.
3) If you select Items as the Item Type, select the item to be managed by serial numbers. From the Manage Item by dropdown list, select Serial Numbers.
The Service Attributes title is displayed.
4) To assign a warranty template for the item, from the Warranty Template dropdown list, select the appropriate template.
Note: When several items with different warranty templates are sold or delivered in the same document, a corresponding number of service contracts are created automatically.
5) To save the changes, choose Update.